Regularly I write posts about medical education.Medical education is not alway fun. Female students suffer sexual harassment, during clerkship they sometimes have to stay late, which isn't always such a good idea.
In my time most students dropped out at the first years. Don't know if that is still the case. But how do you prepare your self for choosing med school?
MedSchool Hell has: 101 Things You Wish You Knew Before Starting Medical School.
- You won’t be a medical student on the surgery service. You’ll be the retractor bitch.
- Residents will probably ask you to retrieve some type of nourishment for them.
- Most of your time on rotations will be wasted. Thrown away. Down the drain.
- You’ll look forward to the weekend, not so you can relax and have a good time but so you can catch up on studying for the week.
- You’ll meet a lot of cool people, many new friends, and maybe your husband or wife.
- # If you piss off your intern, he or she can make your life hell. If your intern pisses you off, you can make his or her life hell.
- You’ll probably change your specialty of choice at least 4 times.
Very typical but sometimes true.