My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.shockmd.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

ResearchBuzz discovers CureHunter


ResearchBuzz discoveres curehunter and adds some tips.

The right side of the screen gives you a visual tree of medical terms related to the word you specified. Some of these words are WAY too general to be useful (like “pain”) but some of them are very specific. Each of the new items will also give you a definition and will branch out into its own tree of definitions.

Just playing with this site for a little while I was able to quickly amass a vocabulary around which I could build queries for a disease. Now, if you want to do an in-depth search, you can subscribe to the subscription service that will give you a lot more details and research. But that’ll cost you $490 a year. I think I’ll just take the words I learn about here and bring them directly to Google or PubMed…



No comments: