My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.shockmd.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What electroconvuslive therapy is like


I recently made the decision to try and battle a lifelong struggle with depression with ECT, or electroconvulsive therapy. Because it’s such a hot-button issue in the field of psychiatry and there are many conflicting reports out there on the internet, I thought I would write, from the patient’s point of view, what getting an ECT treatment is all about.

In the interest of full disclosure, I would like to mention that I’ve only received one treatment so far. I’m hoping to use this blog to talk about my experiences as I go through them in the next few weeks while I’m getting the remainder of the treatments.



This is description of ECT by someone undergoing this treatment, I hope she or he will keep us informed about the ECT course on: The Angie, What electroconvulsive therapy is like.



No comments: